Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The 24 Hour Post

It has been less than 24 hours since Google Day 2.0, and I am POSTING.

Let's get down to it.

So today started with me having to bring Laurent on the bus. Which sucks, by the way. I hate that stupid case, it's impossible to carry without looking ridiculous and hitting it against walls and stuff.

Anyway, I went to band and started messing about with some chords to warm up. I tuned Laurent (he wasn't that badly out of tune, surprisingly. Assuming, that is, that I actually successfully tuned him and didn't just make it worse). Then, Mr. Matthys filmed me playing an A chord. And laughed at me, which I think is a good sign. Look on his page for the video of me. That is, if he didn't cut me out of it, which I wouldn't blame him for doing.

After he walked away to film more talented and interesting people, I showed Emma my prowess over "This Land Is Your Land". She wasn't too impressed, probably because it sounded horrible. I then googled the piece to make sure I was playing the right chords. That didn't work very well, so I settled for asking Mr. Matthys what I was doing wrong, which he was very excited to tell me. Kidding, but it was helpful. Turns out I was pressing the strings (incorrect terminology for the win) with the wrong part of my finger and it's supposed to be done closer to the pad of the finger than the nail. Yay other places to put through extreme and permanent pain!

Then I spent about 15 minutes or so guest starring in Blake, Tony, and Darden's music video. It was scary. Here's the link to their project page. It isn't as cool as mine. http://translationkorealand.blogspot.com/

At the end of the period I recovered from the emotional torture Blake the steamrolling director put me through and lent Megan my guitar to use in her project (loltaylorswift)

Good day, guys. Also, my great pal Rachel whom I dearly love (and who I gave one of my two purple guitar picks to) said she'd give me the chords to some easy real music that isn't awkwardly patriotic. So that's exciting.

Bye, all seven million (or 2, as of last count) of my viewers!

1 comment: