Sunday, October 14, 2012

At This Point, I Can At Least Be Patriotic

So yesterday, with a lot of help (hi, mommy), I successfully got through "This Land Is Your Land" (the first song my mom learned when she played). It was a remarkable accomplishment considering my innate guitar skillage. As far as legit music goes, it isn't difficult because the song is only three different chords and, quite handily, they are all on the same page of my chord book (aka Google Bible). It's still insanely difficult to switch my hand position all flowy and so there isn't an awkwardly long pause between the words "from" and "California". I sang along with myself when I played it (no doubt off-key), which totally made me feel like Taylor Swift.

In other news, for some reason I am finding it impossible to tune Laurent. Don't ask me why, my brain is refusing to comprehend the difference between flat and sharp. It's frustrating. RAWR.

This guitar thing is really hard and I am one million percent certain my fingers will be in need of amputation before the semester is out.

Improvement is on the very very distant horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment