Thursday, October 4, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me!

It's my sixteenth birthday, and I decided to put my birthday good luck omens to the test and take a crack at guitar.

Yes, for the first time.

No, I haven't been procrastinating. I've been fearing my inevitable doom. Because there is (there are?) only so many times that I can try something and fail absolutely positively miserably.

And then be screwed.

So, long story short, I put this off forever because it's scary to learn new things! Freaking terrifying, man! But today I prayed to Apollo (god of music, y'all) and set a course for my destiny with purple guitar pick in hand.

And then ten minutes later I hoisted my white flag and admitted defeat. This instrument is HARD. I'm talking ROCK-LIKE. It's just...mindblowingly challenging with the chords and the notes and I don't even know how to count frets or what note each fret makes and it's just no fun.

I have surrendered to the terror of Laurent for now. I'll play again tomorrow, on the Google day. Or, you know, I'll fail band. Which is seeming more and more likely by the second.

Just kidding.
But seriously. I'm dying here. Waaaaaaaaaaaaah :( :( :(
Also, my fingers are owie.

No comments:

Post a Comment