Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Mouth Bleeding and Other Fun Topics

So, a lot has happened. And I feel very prepared for my Google presentation on Monday.

MONDAY, YOU ASK? Yes, presentations are due tomorrow for the lesser mortals, but not for me.

WHY, YOU ASK? Because I will be spending the next five or so days bleeding from my empty mouth sockets and eating chicken soup. Yes, dear viewer, tomorrow is the big day of my wisdom teeth removal. I may or may not be having a panic attack right now, but no matter.

Anyway, back to GUITAR.

I watched a YouTube video last week which taught me the chords for "Jingle Bells". They are easy (for normal people) and so I should have them mastered by my presentation day. I should clarify for Mr. Matthys's sake that if I was at school I would absolutely be prepared to go tomorrow, but since I won't be, I can use the extra time that isn't spent writhing in agony polishing my skills and having a final hurrah with Laurent.

I think my final presentation will be playing my two songs: Jingle Bells (with a Santa hat, of course) and This Land is Your Land (patriotism FTW). If I have time, I'll also share a PowerPoint presentation on my improvement and process, or just talk about it. I would like to emphasize for the court that I did not intend to be a champion guitarist for this project, I merely wanted to learn basic chords and a song or two. PROJECT COMPLETE, I THINK.

I'm planning on continuing into Semester Two with this project for band letter points and an A option. I really would like to get better at this instrument, it's cool and makes me look pretentious.

In other news, Blake and Co. finished their music video starring me. It is my new favorite video on the Internet, I wish I could be there tomorrow when we watch it in band. Here is the link. Make it viral. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd5ekiJGw1g
I would like to mention that I have no idea where Blake found several of the shots of me, which makes me more than a little scared. He also stalked my Facebook wall for baby pictures (BTW, Blake, I could have gotten you a much better one if you had actually asked me about it)
I WANT TO DO MORE OF THEIR VIDEOS RIGHT NOW THEY ARE SO PERFECT AAH.

So I'm done fangirling.

This has been a ride, guys. I'll keep posting as I continue into Crazy Guitar Fun 2.0: Revenge of Laurent (SECOND SEMESTER). If I don't post again until after my presentation, I just want to say I've had a great, if horribly stressful and finger-paining, time. I love blogging.

Stay groovy.
Love,
Isabel

No comments:

Post a Comment