Sunday, November 11, 2012

Making Excuses

Not that I'm fishing here, but I really think Mr. Matthys would understand me not posting on my blog until Sunday afternoon. I was at school literally from 7:20 a.m. until 9:30 p.m. on Friday, and so as soon as I got home the only thing on my mind was defrosting my feet. Then, on Saturday, I was at school again all day, of course, for the second and third performances of Guys and Dolls. And then it was suddenly Sunday. I think I have a good excuse.

So anyway, on the Google Day (Friday), I sat in the hallway for basically the entire period. I tuned Laurent with a lot of difficulty and some help (I forgot who helped me). I then played some more of This Land Is Your Land, and it's getting so much easier. Except for that last chord, which still bothers me even though I was playing it correctly.  I seriously need some new songs, because patriotism is getting old and boring. I attempted to play through "Here Comes the Sun", but the chords changed too fast so I quickly gave up on that. Whoever told me that song was easy lied and should be boiled in oil. Just kidding. I'm just mad at them for having more talent than me.

After that, Blake and Co. came over to film me being violated some more, I'm sure (for their Google Project, context is important) but I was saved by the bell (quite literally).

 I'm learning more chords from my guitar Bible and it's going pretty well. My fingers still hurt, but slightly less so.

I also listened to the Musical Theatre class sing "Time Warp" and the boy's choir doing warm-ups. The hallway is a very musical place at eight in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment